Monday, March 23, 2009

It's all fun and games until I lose

Can I just mention how annoying the announcer on Wii Sports is? Peanut is obsessed with Wii Sports lately (watching others play it more than playing it herself) and in an effort to pacify her (or perhaps melt her brain cells as I'm sure I'm doing - ack tv for an under 2 year old!) I have been playing 10 minutes of Wii tennis at a time. And that announcer? He sounds gleeful every time he announces the score which is often not in my favor. To be fair, how can I be expected to concentrate and to exert my best athletic effort when I'm always watching Peanut scale some furniture while I'm playing?

Even my Wii bowling is taking a hit. I can't bowl much above a 70 with real pins in a real bowling alley, but give me a Wii-mote and look out! I'm likely to break 150 with multiple strikes. But of late, I find that it is challenging to bowl and baby monitor and as a result, my scores are limp, somewhere down around 130. Again, it might have something to do with the fact that Peanut pauses the game repeatedly in the midst of my game-play and she likes to wiggle round and round my legs while she watches my efforts on the tv. I'm sure it won't be long before she figures out how to reliably use the remote and insists on playing all by herself.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAH! If she does start playing, you MUST get a picture of that! I haven't ever played Wii, but it always looks and sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete