Still, it's almost the start of 2011 and that means the dawn of a new day and new year. I don't resolve to blog more. Not exactly. But I do hope that as things change day by day, I'll find a groove and the desire to capture my thoughts on "paper" so to speak.
For the record, we're back in Japan for the next 5+ months. I'm looking forward to all kinds of new experiences as the littlest girl in our family discovers Japan and all it has to offer.
Highlights so far:
- Sweet pea loves satsuma imo! (Japanese sweet potatoes)
- Peanut was overjoyed to see her favorite relatives and to get reacquainted with her toys here in Japan.
- Fresh mochi!
- My in-laws got new windows and it seems to have made a little difference in the indoor temperature (it's not frigid in here!)
- Our trip back to Japan was heavenly. Well, it was as great as could be when you consider we were traveling with a 6 month old and a 3 year old. And it lost some of its luster in the last few moments when Peanut tossed her proverbial cookies all over herself and me, but I was grateful that she waited until the very end of our 11+ hour journey!
- We head off to an onsen tomorrow for a few days of celebrating with the entire extended family. I'm looking forward to leaving the babes with some other adults and sneaking off for a good long soak on several occasions!