Monday, April 13, 2009

The Not So Napping House

I've not abandoned this blog. However, I have finally come to terms with the fact that Peanut is starting the transition from two naps to one. This would explain the incredible shrinking naps (maybe 30 minutes a piece in the morning and afternoon as opposed to the good old days of 1 or 1.5 hours each). Additionally, my Japanese class started up again last week. This leaves me with much less free time on my hands and as a result my blogging has taken a serious hit!

Sometime soon I hope to provide updates about all the wonderful parks and tourist sites we saw over the weekend (as we took advantage of 75 F weather), but in the meantime, may I suggest a book?

The Napping House by Audrey Wood, illustrated by Don Wood, is a very cute, sweet story that has been coming to mind of late!

5 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to hear the details of transitioning the peanut from 2 naps to 1 naps a day- we'll be there in a few months I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks very cute... and certainly appropriate for our house, too! I don't know if Bean is transitioning down to one nap or WHAT, but his naps are a mess. As are his wake times. Today, before 6 am. Yesterday, 8:20 am. It's impossible to plan my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I remember those days! Sarah at Sweet Things (who has 4 girls!) gave me some good advice on making that transition! Contrary to my former fears, it looks like Jun is not going to give up her afternoon naps yet. She's been down almost 2 hours now. And she's getting molars! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes~ sounds like not so much fun, hope you are both adjusting smoothly!

    Will you be coming out on the 26th to the Kansai with Kids picnic? I'd really like to see you guys again before the big move up North :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was always sad when my kids didn't take 2 naps a day. It means less time for the mommy! Thankfully it all works out and you'll wonder why you were stressing. Glad you got to enjoy the weather!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete