Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm back and better (or maybe just faster) than ever!

Thank you wonderful, kind, generous blog friends! Thank you for cheering me up and making me so very happy! My birthday exceeded all expectations and you are largely to thank!

Gboy too came through in the end. He cooked me an amazing dinner of spicy food (great when you're congested and can't taste much of anything milder!) and then followed it up with a special cocktail he invented just for me (including a slice of lemon, a strawberry, Zima and some kind of sparkling wine- sounds a little weird but actually tasted really nice).

Additionally, he has spent the last couple of days tinkering with my laptop to get it working properly. You see he gave me some upgrades and as is often the case with these things, making a change caused everything to stop running properly (or to run more slowly) - you know the old" one step forward two steps back". But it's all working as it's supposed to now. Theoretically I should be moving online at speeds faster than ever before! But now that I'm back online I first need to do some catching up from the last couple of days. Bear with me as I make the rounds :-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am SO glad you had a wonderful day! That drink dos sound interestingly good. YAY for a faster computer...w00t w00t!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a nice day! You deserve it. Hooray for Gboy stepping up to the plate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear your b-day turned out fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a nice day. Hope the rest of the year is just as lovely for you.

    ReplyDelete