Friday, July 25, 2008

Note to self: music

Be sure to introduce all kinds of music to Peanut:

Classical - check
Jazz - check
Classic rock - check
Country - check
Oldies - check

All the experts say babies respond joyfully to the music they like. Nothing much so far. Until yesterday.

Madonna and Justin Timberlake "4 minutes" totally thrilled Peanut.
Maybe it was my mad hip hop dancing skills, not sure.* Requires further research.

But seriously? Madonna and JT?! Of all the music I've played you Peanut? Okay, I was a Madonna fan in the old days, but you're too young to know that. And I admit that the beat is pretty catchy, but I almost can't help but object just on principle. I'm not even sure what that principle is. And since I want Peanut to have an appreciation for all kinds of music, I guess we'll just let this one slide and try to save the world through dance!

*The only sprain injury that I ever sustained was when I was in high school. I was *ahem* dancing around my house and fell on my own ankle thus spraining it. Just to be clear, I wasn't even attempting some fancy Lord of the Dance kind of jig or anything; I was literally messing around/hopping around my house and fell like a ton of bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment