Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just a spot of cleaning...

Gulp. Totally forgot the babysitter is coming tonight. My husband, henceforth known as Coffeeboy Gboy (because of his love for all those games!), and I haven't had a date in weeks. It's time for some alone time. Plus we've both been dying to see a movie. We're neither of us movie snobs. We're escapists. Give us pretty much any action/adventure flick and we're happy. As a result, you can imagine that we drool over most of the summer blockbusters. Lowbrow entertainment that's what we're after. Only I forgot the babysitter is coming tonight and I don't want her to think that we actually force our child to live in squalor. Okay, maybe we don't live in squalor, but since Peanut (we didn't actually name her Peanut but I'm starting to worry she may think that's her name since we call her that all the time!)came into our lives the amount of cleaning around here has plummeted. I know it's a common occurrence with the addition of small children to a household, but that doesn't change the fact that I just spent an hour cleaning the house in order to impress the babysitter. *sigh* I hope she remembers to check the stove top. I really gave it a good scrubbing.

As if.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you guys had a great date!

    ... and I am sure the babysitter brought her white gloves to check the cleanliness of your appliances. ;)

    ReplyDelete