Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hazy Days

The jet lag seems to have worn off, but there are days when I'm not sure if I'm coming or going. Between moving from Japan to our friends' place, then after 2 weeks with them back to our own home (after our renters left), we've been all over the place. Having entered the 3rd trimester, this all seems much much harder. I feel as though I'm walking through molasses on most days. I spend most of my time trying my hardest to keep up with an incredibly active toddler who has become very clingy (lots of travel + impending new baby arrival makes this not too surprising). This means that we still have boxes that we pulled out of storage that remain unopened. Any preparations for baby are likely not to happen until just a week before the due date. In the meantime we're also fighting the fires that come with home ownership - a pest invasion (cleared up), a leaky fridge (fixed), damaged floors underneath fridge (pending), busted fireplace (pending), windows in dire need of cleaning (mold growing in window tracks), etc.

Having said all this, I'm ecstatic to have my own gloriously comfortable bed to sleep in at night. I'm over the moon(!) to be making homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight (and to have access to the ingredients to do so)! I've fallen in love with my local library all over again. Well, I never fell out of love with them, I just happy to be reunited! Our cat has returned home after an extended stay with friends while we were out of the country and we're all thrilled to be together again.

All in all, life is good right now.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome! I hope all your transitions are going smoothly.

    Mmmm....homemade mac & cheese.

    I'm happy for your happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link!!!! It's good to catch up. How is the ear infection? And when is your due date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to figure out you had a new link. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home!! I'm glad you sent the link, I was just thinking about you this morning. Glad you made it back safely!

    ReplyDelete